Tilapia is a fresh water fish that is light and has the ability to absorb flavor very easily. It is economical to buy and widely available.
I looked for various tilapia recipes that would delight my palette and I came across quite a few of them. I will share these with you in subsequent posts. So, for now let us concentrate on how to bake tilapia fish.
First of all, I decided to cook whole tilapia as opposed to the fillet. I cleaned it out myself (eew, I know), but the experience was well worth it.
This is one of the easiest baked tilapia recipes that you will ever come across. Without further ado, let us dive right into it and find out how to bake tilapia fish.
Ingredients for Tilapia Stuffing
Ingredients for the Marinade
This is a very ideal meal to whip up if you are looking for easy dinner ideas because it only takes about 10 minutes to prepare the fish, after which, you set it aside ready to pop into the oven later.
- Clean your tilapia thoroughly and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Make three incisions on each side and apply the ginger and garlic in each of the incisions.
- Stuff the stomach cavity with the onion, bell pepper and coriander.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and then drizzle all over the tilapia. Keep some of the marinade aside for basting later on.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Pre heat the oven to 400 F.
- Place the tilapia on a baking tray and cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Uncover the fish and apply the remaining marinade over it. Bake for five minutes each side and serve. Some of the juices from the fish will still be at the bottom of the baking tray, get them all out because they will be full of flavor.
- Serve with ugali (polenta) and your favorite vegetables.
Enjoy your Easy and Delicious Oven Baked Tilapia Recipe guys and don’t forget to leave me your opinions or questions in the comment box below.