This is an excellent way making use of chicken left overs. There are various methods and ingredients that you can use to make this dish. This is my version of How to Make Chicken Quesadillas.
Quesadillas are made using either corn or flour tortillas and are filled with cheese. You could also add other fillings like beef, shrimp, chicken, etc depending on your preferences. Quesadillas are a very fast dish to make and are excellent as bitings when you are throwing a party.
I did not use oil on my pan when assembling my chicken quesadillas because I had used some while making my chapatis, which I used as the tortillas.
So now let us learn how to make chicken quesadillas.
- 4 flour tortillas (chapatis)
- 250 gm boneless chicken, pre-cooked
- Salt and black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pureed beans of your choice
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, optional
- Heat a skillet on high heat.
- Take one tortilla and place on a large plate.
- Spread the beans on the tortilla.
- Sprinkle the chicken on top of the beans.
- Add the mozzarella cheese.
- Spread some more pureed beans on a second tortilla and place it on the assembled chicken quesadilla beans side down.
- Place on the hot skillet and press down so that as the heat spreads through and melts the cheese the quesadilla binds together.
- Flip it over carefully and cook the second side for about 3 minutes.
- Slice into wedges and serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream